WP Playgrounds

A place to discuss anything and everything related to living in White Plains
HighlandsMom

WP Playgrounds

Post by HighlandsMom » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:31 am

We have a five year old and for playgrounds usually either go to the one on Bryant Ave (Druss?) or Saxon Woods. If we're feeling adventurous we sometimes take a drive down to Mamaroneck playground which is also great. Does anyone know of any other good ones in the area?

Thanks...

1994Tigers

Re: WP Playgrounds

Post by 1994Tigers » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:31 pm

My daughter loves Gillie Park, but she's only 16 months old, so I don't know whether your child will enjoy it as much. There's also a great park at the Kensico Dam, if you feel like taking the trip.

WayneS

Post by WayneS » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:04 pm

I like Kensico playground too - although the last time I was there it was absolutely packed. Some of the elementary schools also have good playground - although I'm not sure if technically we're allowed to use them off hours, etc.

tiger
Site Admin

Post by tiger » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:28 pm

Has anyone been to the playground near the train station where supposedly they have a pool and all sorts of other water spraying equipment, etc for the summer time? Someone told me about it but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Its still too cold to think of this but this thread reminded me of it.

Thanks!